Wow. Amazing how the universe unfolds. I am organizing a Gathering of Angels on July 8 tehachapi. 1 hr max. Post season shakedown and plan next yr.
Wonderful to meet with you delightful angels. Here are the minutes of June 2, expertly done by Sue.
I would like to have a “wind up” meeting in early July. I will stay in touch.
Thanks for all you do.
Meeting of Tehachapi Trail Angels 6/2/14 Kelcy’s 8:00 am
• Tortoise (Sam White) chaired the meeting.
• There were 9 PCT Angels in attendance. Introductions were made
• Anne Marie explained there are two PCT Angel lists. One with names and phone numbers that the hikers can call. There is a second secret list for emergencies or special occasions that Anne Marie can call.•
• Tehachapi Regional Transit will provide rides from Kmart to Cameron Road. 7 times a day. Rides cost $1. Departure times from Kmart are Mon-Fri 5:02 am, 8:57 am, 10:47 am, 12:47 pm, 2:47 pm, 4:47 pm, and 6:47 pm. Departure times Saturday are 5:02 am, 10:47 am and 2:47 pm. Departure times Sunday are 10:47 am, 12:47 pm and 2:47 pm. Hikers must tell driver they are going to Cameron Road when they embark. Tehachapi Regional Transit does not give rides to Willow Springs Road. There is a Dial-a-Ride service within Tehachapi. Call 1-800-323-2396. Reservations required at least one day in advance to guarantee a ride.
• Camp Tortoise, with room for 30 campers, is located at 129 E “E” Street. Primo’s restaurant, across the alley, has given permission for the hikers to use their bathroom. Sam will look into getting a donated port-a-potty.
• Airport – there are limited facilities at the airport – with room for 6 campers.
• Water – Every March, Tom at the Internet Café at Kennedy Meadows fills all the water caches from Tehachapi to Kennedy Meadows. He estimates his cost to be about $500. During the season, we need water information from Tehachapi heading north. Suggestions?
• Dr. Susan Hall – has agreed to treat hikers needing medical attention. If you have a hiker in need, call Dr. Hall, 822-4421 during office hours. Dr. Hall is located at 432 W “J” Street.
• Donations for gas – please forward any donations you receive for gas to AnneMarie. She will share the donations with all the drivers. (Perhaps drivers should keep track of their miles?)
• More hikers coming – this year 1700 hikers have registered to thru hike. It takes 6 weeks to get from mile zero to Tehachapi. Currently, we are at the tail end of the third bubble of hikers, so the majority have gone through.