Welcome to TrailAngelList.org
Connecting Hikers with Trail Angels.
Trail Angels Are Not Screened, Use At Your Own Risk.
All trail angels listed in the Trail Angel List have requested to be listed on the Trail Angel List and the listings are to their specifications.
If you want to be added or removed from any of our lists please Contact Us.
Pacific Crest Trail, Appalachian Trail, Continental Divide Trail, Pacific Northwest Trail, Ice Age National Scenic Trail, American Discovery Trail, North Country Trail, Great Eastern Trail, California Coastal Trail, Colorado Trail, Mountains-To-Sea Trail, Arizona Trail
The Appalachian Trail
- From: Maura Annette Chappelle <[email protected]> Subject: getting on list Message Body: Hi, I live in Jefferson NH, one town over from Randolph where the Valley Way AT head is. I’d like to be added to the list of angels. I offer rides, food drops, etc. Thank you, Maura Annette Chappelle
- From: Spineless Cougar Subject: Trail Angel – Trail Magic
Message Body: I set up a table with cold drinks, fresh fruit and other goodies once or twice a week at Mad Tom Notch in southern Vermont. Enjoy talking with hikers and helping out however I can. Spring and fall are my hiking and camping seasons. http://www.spinelesscougar.com/
- From: Wes McGee “The Patriot” <[email protected]> Subject: Angel Available Message Body: Set up 16 times between Virginia and Maine following the 2017 hikers and will again be setting up for 2018. Available to help if I can in any situation. Just ask?
- From: West Cassidy <[email protected]>
Subject: Trail Angel? Message Body: Hello, I live in WV close Dolly sods. I’ve met a few hikers going through my town and i always offer what i can. I am an Eagle Scout so i love to help people and would love to be a part of trail-magic.
- Name: Anastasia Slough. Based in the White Mountains of New Hampshire and work on a donation basis. My 4-Door Eggplant-colored Ford Edge can fit 4 passengers with enough space in the trunk for plenty of packs/gear. Text or Call 785-764-7248 if you need a lift or food drop 🙂
- From: Judit Noyes <[email protected]> Subject: Franconia NH shower, meal, bed Message Body: We can take in groups of up to four if you don’t mind two dogs. Can pick up at Lost River Rd, NH 112 – after Moosilauke or at Liberty Springs Trail Head. (We’re flexible if you want to come down Skoocumchuk, Garfield or Galehead for any reason. Provide a shower, meal, fluffy dogs.
- From: Megan Fitzgerald <[email protected]> Subject: AT Trail Angel NY, CT Message Body: I live on the CT/NY border (about an hour from the AT). I’m happy to help in any way, shuttle, emergency assistance, in a pinch I could host a hiker (2 at most) overnight and provide shower, laundry, hot meal (I live in a 700sqft). Also can bring supplies to the trail. For overnight assistance, typically need a few days notice (sometimes I travel for my job) but will always do what I can.
- Name: Lisa Crofts PO Box 1424 Lakeville, Connecticut 06039
email: [email protected]
Tel: (860) 671-0960
Trail Angel Lisa (Jaguar Paw) Shuttles and more!
- From: David Lee <[email protected]>
Subject: Add me to the Angel List
Message Body: I have been a Trail Angel in NJ for the past 3 years during the month of JULY and will set up again in the Culvers Gap parking lot where I provide Trail Magic to thru & section hikers. I have sandwiches, FRESH FRUIT, snack bars, jerky, PIES, candy, water, soft drinks (beer is prohibited in State Parks) & this year I will have a FREEZER so I can provide ICE CREAM . ALL FOR FREE! I have cooling towels and 9 soft chairs. My hours will be from 8:30 AM until 4:00 PM every day in July. My trail name is MOOSE. Ask me how I got the name.
- From: David Lee Subject: Appalachian Trail Angel Message Body: I would like to be an angel at the Vernon, NJ parking lot. Please add me to the Trail Angel List. At the Culvers Gap parking lot on the AT about 0.3 mi. north of Rt 206, NJ. I will have a freezer full of ice cream bars, a charging station, coolers full with cold bottled soda, fresh fruit and sandwiches, water, cooling towels for your neck, re-supply snacks and 9 folding chairs to relax I will be there every day from 8:30 AM til’ 4:00 PM during the month of July. My trail name is Moose & my cell phone number is 201-787-3895.
- From: Megan <[email protected]> Subject: Trail Angel up road from RPH Shelter Message Body: Hello – I’d like to help through hikers – I have been an avid high-altitude climber and lover of all things outdoors. I understand the beauty of finding oneself through the challenge of going into the unknown outside. I have also had family members complete the AT. I’d like to help with rides, meals (I’m a recently trained vegan chef), lodging, laundry, showers if anyone needs. I own a home just up the road from the RPH Shelter in NY. Please connect me with any other websites/facebook groups that could help with this. Megan
- Name: Gene Popson
Email: [email protected]
Comment: I live 20 min from Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Pa/NJ border. Willing to help a hiker in need.
- From: Stan Mordensky Subject: Trail Angel along & near the MD AT Message Body: I became a trail angel well before the summer of 2013 when my son, (Dino DNA) was a thru-hiker on the AT. I saw how any kindness or little gestures to help any hikers was appreciated. I began teaching & training my MD public school students high adventure skills from an MCPS course, “Outdoor Ed for Secondary Students” about 1973. I often traveled the four-state area (WV, VA, PA and MD) as our playground helping others when needed. Now in approaching our 70s we hike a little shorter distances but enjoy the outdoors and helping people. I live one hour off the MD AT, Looking forward to seeing you along the MD AT.-Stan 301-639-8584
- From: Jane and Aaron McCarter Subject: Trail Angels – Respite and MASH Message Body: Jane and Aaron McCarter (1994 AT thru hiker “Monk”) Trail Angel support from Ashby Gap/Route 50 to Snickers Gap/Route 7. Offering: A unique opportunity to chill for an evening at a nearby winery or brewery: choice of 20. We transport to the venue and back to the trail or hostel. Max 4 hikers and a modest fee. And: M.A.S.H. Mobile Assistance and Shuttles for Hikers. Assist with transportation, resupply, and other resources as needed. Evenings and Weekends . We are generally available and welcome the opportunity to be of assistance. Please text “AT” to 703-554-5791. Looking forward to another great hiking season. Happy Trails!
- Janet Hensley of Erwin, Tenn – www.facebook.com/themissjanet
Comment: M.A.S.H. Mobile Assistance and Shuttles for Hikers. My services are provided on a donation basis. I may be along the Appalachian Trail anywhere from Georgia in March to Maine in September.
- From: Larry and Ann Tiner <[email protected]>
Subject: Trail Angel Message Body: Hello, We would like to offer our small guest house: 2 twins, full bathroom… and outdoor kitchen under roof to M to S trail hikers. We are 3 miles from the intersection of Blue Ridge Parkway ( MtoS trail) and Hwy 74/23. We are happy to provide transportation and will have a hot meal ready for supper.
- Trail Angel Mary Parry – Duncannon, Pennsylvania – www.facebook.com/trailangelmary
- From: Lynn Long <[email protected]> Subject: Meals & Hosting by Trail Angel Message Body: I live at the foot of the Blue Mountain in Lynn Township, Lehigh County, PA. I am about 2 miles from the AT crossing on Rt. 309. I’m willing to provide home cooked meals, showers and a bed for through hikers who need a break from the trail. Can accommodate a couple or especially women hikers. Cell/TXT 484-695-1699
- Name: jane spink
Email: [email protected]
Comment: Live near port clinton, willing to help.
- Rick Towle – Litchfield, Maine – www.facebook.com/attroll
- From: Pam Bennett <[email protected]> Subject: Appalachian Trail Shuttles near Rockfish Gap VA Message Body: I have been shuttling for over 15 years and love it! I go anywhere within about 125 – 150 miles of Rockfish Gap including Shenandoah national Park. Advance notice appreciated and available mostly on weekends.
- Ryann Langdon – [email protected] – I have been working for the lodges in Shenandoah National Park for the last 2 seasons. I will be returning again in 2015 & want to let AT hikers know that I’m available for rides or if they need anything (showers, laundry, etc). I have been aiding hikers the last 2 years and have met some of the greatest people! I just can’t help but want to help more!
- AT Trail Magic Facebook Page www.facebook.com/pages/AT-Trail-Magic/203188546383682
- From: Richard Armstrong <[email protected]>
Subject: AT Trail Angel Message Body: I recently retired from the YMCA. During my career I ran several camp and conference centers along the Appalachian Trail. Now that I’m retired I have been trying to help Hikers as much as I can. I offer a ride from Fontana dam a newfound gap as well as overnight accommodations laundry etc. I’d like to be included in your list. There’s no fee for the services.
- From: Joe Sokul Subject: Trail Angle – Applachian Trail Message Body: I shuttled over 400 hikers in Southern Massachusetts in 2017 and looking forward to helping the class of 2018. I’m located in the Great Barrington, MA area. My contact information is 413-717-0751. Text or phone call is fine. I do not charge for shuttles to and from town, I do offer slack packing at a nominal fee. I’m looking forward to helping the 2018 hikers
- Name: Howard Gorin
Email: [email protected]
Comment: My wife and I live near Washington DC. We can pick up hikers where the Trail crosses I-70 – about 14-15 miles west of Frederick, MD – or at the AT Conservancy HQ in Harpers Ferry, WV and bring them to our home for a few days of respite: a real shower, a comfortable bed, a washing machine and dryer, a chance to rest and catch up on the blog, buy supplies, etc. Pick up on Thursday afternoon only and return to Trail on Sunday. We do need advance notice – three days in advance is preferred – in order to adjust our schedules. Your tales from the Trail are the only “payment” we expect. Check out my Couchsurfing Profile: https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/rovingrabbi
- Name: Rebecca
Email: [email protected]
Comment: I am in Smithsburg, Md along route 77. I would love to be a helping hand. Txt: 240-818-5116
- Nattie Boone – Hot Springs, NC. I help anywhere from Hot Springs, NC to Damascus, VA anyway I can. Shuttles, shelter, emergencies, you name it! I’ve been doing the trail thing since 2012. http://iaintnoplainjane.blogspot.com/2014/01/oh-appalachian-traillife-is-better-there.html?m=1
- Name: Karen Dillard
Comment: I do shuttles in the Daleville Va area. I charge 50 cents per mile for section hikers & slackpackers. Free rides around Daleville. I’m not in the guide books but I do have a place in my home for hikers that are injured etc… It’s just word of mouth. I don’t charge anything to stay with me. I live 5 miles from the trail crossing in Daleville. My cell # is 540-815-1289. I’m known as HikerMom. https://www.facebook.com/karen.b.dillard
- Name: Dennis Talley
Email: [email protected]
Comment: My name is Dennis and I am available at times to help if needed. I am new to the Roanoke area of the trail but I am always willing to help out a hiker when I can. I am retired but managed by SWMBO. Give me a holler if I can help.
- Syndi “GrammieBear” Allgood – email: [email protected] Helping hikers on the MST and AT.
- Name: Chris “Soggy” Vores
Comment: Chris “Soggy” Vores, Waynesboro, Pa. Phone/Text 717-331-9827. Add me on Facebook I can provide rides from the trailheads nearby and other trail magic goodness. I also can UberX you for longer distances.
- From: Lydia <[email protected]>
Subject: Become an angel Message Body: I live near the Appalachian Trail in PA and I’d like to be a trail angel. Wasn’t sure how to go about it as far as location and timing go if you have any ideas…
- From: Marlana <[email protected]>
Subject: How to be a trail angel Message Body:
Hello, I live close to Harrisburg pa part of the trail and would like to know how to become a trail angel. I can help with postal boxes( I have a P.O. Box) I’m not sure what else I can help with. Any information would be great!
- Wendy Summa – I am available to help Trail Angel/shuttle/assist hikers with Resupply on the AT between Wind gap & Delaware Water gap, if needed, Limited /Evenings/ Weekends . Looking forward to another great hiking season Happy Trails 🙂 https://www.facebook.com/wendy.summa.1
- Name: Jeff Violette
Email: [email protected]
Comment: Live in Berlin – close to Gorham and major trailheads. If you need something in area ( transition from presis, Carter-Moriah, to Mahoosuc range, let me know and I will see what I can do). Rides, shower, laundry, etc.
- From: Ms. Barry McAlister <[email protected]> Subject: Near Chester Gap/Front Royal, VA Message Body: Hello! I have been hosting AT hikers at my home in Huntly, Va for two years. I post on the Facebook page of “Women Hikers of the Appalachian Trail”, and I provide sleeping quarters, laundry, dinner al fresco, swimming pool and p/u/ d/o at HWY 522 near Front Royal/Huntly. Hikers can find me on Facebook @ Barry McAlister. My email is [email protected]. Usually, I like to get a text a day before a hiker needs a pick up, but I have been able to accommodate last minute. A small donation always appreciated.
- From: Gabe Osiier
Subject: Trail Angel supporting from Harpers Ferry to Glasgow Message Body: Wife is section hiking SOBO, Virginia. During the course of visiting her, I have become addicted to being a trail angel. Contact me if you need a place to stay for a day or more, many can sleep in my house, if you need a ride somewhere, or if you need you to bring you something. I can make almost any time work. Text or call 540-288-7027. Shout out to the great hikers I have met this year, including Hummingbird, Dandelion, Hazmat, Fireball, Minnesota, Old School Hippy, Viva, Tuttleman (so cool I got to see you finish your flip flop!), and of course my lovely wife Maria (please somebody give her a trail name!). Hike your hike!
- From: Douglas Fessler <[email protected]>
Subject: Trail Angel Message Body: Hi We live about 20 minutes from the Sam’s Gap crossing near the Tennessee/North Carolina border. Would be interested in finding out how to get on a list for hosting for a night and dinner off the trail. Thanks Doug
- From: Summer G Subject: Help and rides offered between Watauga Lake and Vandeventer shelters Message Body: I live about 5 minutes from the road crossing between Watauga Lake and Vandeventer shelters. I can also drive around the lake to the hwy 67 crossing or Dennis Cove. More than happy to provide rides into Hampton/Elizabethton/Johnson City, deliver items, take out trash, a hot meal, shower, or maybe a soft bed. As long as I or my husband are available, we’re here to help. SMS @ 423-707-5156
- Name: Leah Kopietz
Email: [email protected]
Comment: I live in Dahlonega, GA within walking distance of the square, .7 miles from Walmart, and about 30 minute drive from the approach trail. I can host hikers overnight and drive to/from the trail on my days off. Happy trails everyone.
- From: Diane <[email protected]>
Subject: Offer free ride to and from trailhead to where they want to go Message Body: I live in downtown Hiawassee Georgia for 3 months now. My purpose is to hike sections when weathers are allowed. I am a fan of long distance hikers so that I would like to offer free ride to where those hikers want to go. My place is about one week hiking distance if start from Amicalola Waterfall in Georgia. One and a half hour from AP southern terminus. Hiawassee downtown has an Ingles Supermarket, Trailful Outdoors Co., Holiday Express , Walgreens, post office are all within walking distance.
- From: Nathaniel Edwards <[email protected]>
Subject: Adding to trail angel list Message Body:
Good Morning, I would like to be added to the trail angel list as a driver to pick up from the Hartsfield Jackson airport, and driving hikers to the Springer trail head. Thank you, Nate